Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pushing Forward...

What an interesting season that lies ahead. I took some time to look at this upcoming season's Grand Prix roster and was very surprised who I found. I was floored (and pleasently surprised) in Ice Dance to see Drobiazko and Vanagas. I thought last year was just a quick Olympic comeback...aparently not.

In pairs...Shen and Zhao, Petrova and Tikhonov, and Zagorska and Suidek are back next year. I really didn't expect any of those teams to keep going eligibly...especially Petrova and Tikhonov. As far as Zagorska and Siudek, I think it's time to hang up the boots...go coach


And ladies...Elena Sokolova, honey...if it was going to happen, it would have already. Julia Sebstyen...I think you should reconsider this choice...and if you are certain this is your path...better choreography. Viktoria Volchkova...you have been the ugly stepsister of Russian Figure Skating since 1998...I don't for see a handsome prince in your future...sorry. And Joanne Carter...you have been the face of Australian Figure Skating for...a decade. If you plan to continue competing with these girls...put a triple jump or two in your program.

No comments: