Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Emily Hughes has withdrawn from U.S. Nationals.

Hughes is suffering from a hip injury, which will prevent her not only from competing but also training. In a statement she told reporters, “I'm extremely disappointed to have to miss the U.S. Championships. This is a competition I've been looking forward to all season. This injury is just really bad timing,” Hughes continued. “I hope to be able to begin serious training again in four to six weeks.”

This leaves the world team possibilities wide open. Two (or three...how old is Rachel Flatt?) of the top competitors (Zhang and Nagasu) aren't old enough to make the world team, Kimmie Meissner's skating recently has been subpar, Czisny has never been consistent, and I don't know that anyone was talking about Bebe Liang but maybe we should!

Someone check on Rachel Flatt...is she eligible for Senior Worlds?

And wait I just noticed...what happened to Katy Taylor?

No comments: