Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pic of the Week

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this kid could be the next big thing! I was completely impressed with him at U.S. Nationals where he won Gold as a Junior. He is, at this moment, enjoying the lead at the 2008 Junior World Championships in Sofia, Bulgaria and he was the 2007 Junior Grand Prix Champion. What a talent!

Adam Rippon has shown that he really has what it takes to be a champion. I've always kept tabs on the junior skaters but at this years nationals I really took a detailed look at them, especially the men, and was incredibly impressed. Adam Rippon leads an extremely talented field of U.S. men in Bulgaria, all three in the top six, and I can tell you our future of U.S. men (Adam Rippon included!) looks very bright.

Adam, good luck in the free skate and in your future endeavours! I can't help but get the feeling that this guy is trying to make his time now...and what better time with the Olympics less than two years away!

UPDATE: And has fate would have it...Adam Rippon has won the Junior World Title!



No comments: