Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's late...but I'm excited!

It's after 1:00 am here on the West Coast...after 4:00 am on the East Coast. But, I've found my way to Everett, Washington and am so excited to be attending Skate America.

I rolled into town (Sea-Tac Int'l Airport) around 7:00 and decided to take a trip down to the Arena (8:30 pm) since I've never been here. Comcast Arena is nicely settled along a cute street that remind me of old school main street.

Also, the town seems excited about Skate America. All the businesses have welcome signs out.

From the outside, it appears to be an impressive place. In addition to the main hall where the competition will be, there is another attached hockey rink as well as a sports medicine center. I also like the huge bridge like structures that rest on top of the building.

Also, I found upon arrival that Kevin Van Der Perren has withdrawn from the event as well as Fraser and Lukanin. Hopefully I can get more on this tomorrow.

Okay...I'm off to bed. Lots more pictures and reports to come tomorrow after the competition!

No comments: