Monday, January 19, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: And Emily too...

I can't keep up with the withdrawals quick enough!

Emily Hughes has just withdrawn from Nationals citing an ankle injury.

"I just don't have enough strength in my ankle to perform my programs," Hughes told Ice Network. "I plan to resume training when my ankle heals and to compete again as soon as possible."

This is the second year in a row that Emily has withdrawn from Nationals because of injury. Her path back to 'competition ready' looks as bleak as Meissner's at this point.

How sad...again.

1 comment:

anne said...

All these things are very sad. I remember, I decided to watch for Emily (and Kimmie$ and Joannie, btw) from Olimpics-2006. They all were perspective nice young ladies. I thought, their future will be great. But now only Joannie is on the top (dream about the medal for her at Worlds). Hope, Kimmie will make good come back. And Emily... Let just does what is better for her.