Saturday, February 21, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: The answer is...

Well, Sasha has said that she wont make the decision until June on whether to return to competitive skating for another crack at Olympic Gold.

However...Phil Hersh (Chicago Tribune) talked with her this past week and she confirmed to him that, if her training continues to go well (and by her and her skating companions accounts, it has gone very well) she indeed would like to Skate at Nationals in 2010 and make the Olympic Team.

"As long as I can keep my body healthy and especially the way I've been skating lately, it feels like the right thing to do. Going to a third Olympics would be just incredible. I have the next 50 years of my life to have fun. Eventually I will have to move on, but I think I can do it again, and I need that purpose and challenge in my life right now," she said.

Also, a fact I didn't know...as a medalist at the 2006 Olympics in Torino...she gets a bye to Nationals if she chooses. That gives her more training time and less hassle.

For someone who isn't decided...in the past week she has told two reporters she leaning toward yes...sounds like someone is in the 'Olympic Mood!'

No comments: