Friday, October 09, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: Cohen Out of Eric Bompard Trophy

Sasha Cohen has been advised by her physician to not compete in Paris to allow for tendonitis in her right calf to fully heal.

"I have been advised to limit my training for the next few weeks," Cohen told US Figure Skating. "My pain is subsiding, but I have not been able to fully train for Trophée Bompard."

She states, however, that she should be ready for Skate America the following month in Lake Placid, New York.

I think Sasha needed every competition she could get. This withdrawal basically means she cannot make the Grand Prix Final which would have been very helpful. That's one international competition prior to Olympics...that doesn't inspire much confidence.

Aye me!

1 comment:

jumping clapping man said...

honestly, i bet you sasha wasn't interested in using up her energy on the GPF. i think she has her eye on the big prize...at all costs.