Thursday, January 14, 2010

Some Predictions...

I absolutely refuse to predict U.S. Nationals. I was explaining to Jumping Clapping Man, I just get all weird about it and it's just too hard for me.

But I'm not above predicting Europeans or Canadians so here goes!

European Championships

Ladies:

Laura Lepisto (GOLD)
Julia Sebestyen (SILER)
Alena Leonova (BRONZE)

Really, your guess is as good as mine...

Pairs:

Savchenko and Szolkowy (GOLD)
Kavaguti and Smirnov (SILVER)
Mukhortova and Trankov (BRONZE)

Dance:

Pechalat and Bourzat (GOLD)
Domnina and Shabalin (SILVER)
Khoklova and Novitski (BRONZE)

I get the idea that the Kerr's and Faiella and Scali are going to get the short end of the stick.

Men:

Evgeny Plushenko (GOLD)
Brian Joubert (SILVER)
Michal Brezina (BRONZE)

Risky choice for bronze!

Canadian Nationals

Ladies:

Joannie Rochette (GOLD)
Diane Szmiett (SILVER)
Amelie Lacoste (BRONZE)

I may be crazy...

Pairs:

Dube and Davison (GOLD)
Duhamel and Buntin (SILVER)
Hay and Langlois (BRONZE)

Dance:

Virtue and Moir (GOLD)
Crone and Poirier (SILVER)
Weaver and Poje (BRONZE)

I think 2nd and 3rd will be tight.

Men:

Patrick Chan (GOLD)
Shawn Sawyer (SILVER)
Joey Russell (Bronze)

1 comment:

jumping clapping man said...

wow, lepisto and sebestyen ahead of leonova. interesting!

and, the french ahead of the russians in ice dance...that'd be an exciting development!

i'm so bummed delobel/schoen aren't going to be there.