Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Hard Decision

I made a hard decision this week...

I've enjoyed writing this blog for several years. However, my professional life ill affords me the time to devote to this blog everything I want to devote to it.

So I've decided to officially cease blog writing on Axels, Loops, and Spins. I'm a little teary eyed writing that.

This blog has really been a part of me for so long...it got me to the Olympics. It allowed me to express my opinion on skating. From time to time it has gotten me in trouble with certain fan bases. It has been my way into the figure skating world.

For those that have been loyal followers...thank you. You made it worthwhile.

I'm not dissapearing completely. While I wont be blogging any longer I will continue to tweet, especially during competitions. My passion for the sport hasn't dwindled at all. The site will stay up for as long as Blogger will host it.

So before this becomes an emotionally filled hot mess let me simply say:

"Don’t be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." ~ Richard Bach

I leave you with my favorite skating performance of all time. Everytime you see it...think of Axels, Loops, and Spins.

5 comments:

Kelli Lawrence said...

Oh no! What an unfortunate thing to have to give up, Aaron. I absolutely understand the struggle to keep a blog going when work (and other life commitments) get the priority nod... tough decision for you, indeed. I will miss A, L & S for sure, but now that I finally got my butt (and the rest of me) on Twitter, I will look forward to following you there when the new season starts up. Take care!

Ice Charades said...

I will MISS you and one of the best skating blogs ever. Please stay around, so I know what's going on in the competition world.

Loved watching the video (always nice to see Scott Williams too - :-)

All the best to you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this news. I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog. I wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

:( I`ve just started reacently to follow your blog and now you`re ending it :( Hope the best to you and I will follow your tweets ;)

Unknown said...

I have first time read your blog and i am really impressed for that.I really miss you and also your experience and informative post that are shared with us.(Let's hope the best to you and i will follow your tweets.
figure skates