Friday, August 01, 2008

Pic of the Week

I apologoze for my tardiness on this weeks pic. I quite literally found myself running through aiports across the globe to make connecting flights from India and had absolutely no time to sit and access the internet the past couple of days. And while I'm still readjusting to US time, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.

But enough of that. While I was abroad, US Figure Skating announced their team for the first Junior Grand Prix event in Courchevel, France (the start of the season is less than a month away!). The Junior Grand Prix is of course similar to the Senior Grand Prix in that skaters earn points in different events and attempt to make the final, however, there are eight Junior Grand Prix events versus the six senior events.

This year, Armin Mahbanoozadeh (isn't that a great name!) will be competing in the Men's event in France for team USA. Armin is one of several up and coming athletes here in the US. He is the 2007 U.S. National Champion in Novice and placed 8th as a Junior in St. Paul. He also finished 3rd at last years Junior Grand Prix Final.

This young man has some goals this year. He'd like to make it back to the Junior Grand Prix Final, qualify for nationals again as Junior, and land a triple axel in competition. Good luck Armin!

No comments: