Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What!

Cancelled!

Cancelled! I got an e-mail just now alerting me that my flight itinerary has been cancelled because the airline I booked tickets on has temporarily stopped service from my departure city. How do you "temporarily" discontinue service anyway?

Bless their souls, they did promptly refund me, give me 1000 bonus miles, and apologize twice in the e-mail. I won't tell you the name of the airline (Delta) that did this too me...wouldn't want to tarnish their reputation. Why didn't I just book United like I normally do? Oh wait, I found one of those too good to be true fares...guess what...too good to be true!

Here's the bummer...that was my flight to Seattle for Skate America! Ugh! Last second scramble to find another flight...at probably three times the price!

Okay...I have to breathe...but I plan on writing a strongly worded letter to the CEO of the airline (Delta!) in question!

1 comment:

Kelli Lawrence said...

Make it a snail-mail rather than an e-mail; they supposedly carry much more weight because of the extra effort required.

Not that I have any ranting experience... ;-)