Wednesday, July 01, 2009

For your reading pleasure...

I should be packing, but instead I'm surfing the net and watching old skating videos.

If you're an uuber-skating nerd such as myself here's a good read: 2010 U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook (edited today!).

It was brought to my attention when Armin Mahbanoozadeh tweeted his dislike of the bye rules in the rulebook. Under the stated rules Armin, per his 6th place Junior finish at last years Nationals, must qualify for U.S. Nationals unless he has international competition conflicts. Unfortunately for Armin, his two Senior Grand Prix assignments do not conflict with sectionals, thus the lack of a bye.

If I recall, up until this season, byes where awarded to the top six place finishers at Nationals, this season, only the top five from last year received byes.

Anywho...lots of other fun stuff to be found in there...take a peek.

No comments: