Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Pic of the Week

@iceskatingworld just sent out a tweet that reminded me of something special that had happened back in May.

I rarely focus on the coaches of all the amazing skaters we enjoy, but once a year I do like to devote a pic of the week to the PSA Coach of the Year and I actually neglected to do that this year so I'm making up for it now.

This post actually comes as I was just tweeting Rachael Flatt about how amazing her programs look (you can see them here at Blazing Blades!). Of course the coaching muscle behind Rachael is Tom Zakrajsek who is the 2009 PSA Coach of the Year.

Of course Tom Zakrajsek is not only part of the reason Rachael Flatt was the top ranked U.S. woman last season in international competition, but he's also part of the success story for many of the U.S. top skaters including Ryan Bradley, Brandon Mroz, and many up and comers. He also was the guiding force that put Jeremy Abbott on the skating map last season.

So a warm (albeit late) congratulations to Tom Zakrajsek.

Tom was with Rachael at the 2009 U.S. Figure Skating Championships when Rachael had this very successful free skate.

No comments: