Thursday, October 08, 2009

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

I'd like to think NBC Executives are reading my blog and saying amongst themselves, "Aaron is making a lot of sense; lets follow his advice." Somehow I think I don't have that much pull...

But, in August, I did make an impassioned plea to NBC to please broadcast more figure skating and I made some mighty fine good points to justify it. I believe one of my requests was: "I’d like NBC to think about broadcasting, if even in a truncated or shortened form, the Grand Prix Series."

Well ask and ye shall receive, that's just what NBC has recently decided to do (thanks @BlazingBlades). In addition to Skate America, NBC will also broadcast Trophee Eric Bompard in Paris, Rostelecom Cup in Moscow, and NHK Trophy in Nagano. Sorry Cup of China and Skate Canada. Coverage begins a week from Sunday...A WEEK FROM SUNDAY!!!!

Now if we could just get NBC on board for the Grand Prix Final, major internationals prior to the Olympics, and the World Championships. If I ask perhaps I'll receive?

No comments: