Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Olympics Begin!

I've decided to skip the Pic of the Week...for the next three weeks or so there will be plenty of pics to marvel at...and instead do a quick post on where to get Olympic Figure Skating Info from.

We can begin with me! I will of course be blogging over at One Winter, Five Dreams as the Gold Blogger for Panasonic! But I also intend to keep up with this blog as well during my tenure in Vancouver. It was this blog and my readers that earned me this trip to Vancouver so I definitely (DEFINITELY) will not be leaving you all out of the loop! While there are rules and regulations that I have to follow about Twitter and so forth, I will do my absolute best to keep you guys up to date with the happenings on the ground in Vancouver. This is one of the coolest things I've ever done in my life and I am beyond excited!

There is the NBC Olympics Website that will have tons of valuable info. You can find television schedules for NBC's 835 hours of coverage on their networks which include NBC, USA, MSNBC, CNBC, Universal HD, and Universal Sports. In addition to television schedules you can read athlete interviews, see clips of of happenings around the games, keep tabs on your favorite athletes, and check results and medal counts.

Yahoo! Sports also has a great site with lots of information. Yahoo! has the benefit of having two-time Olympic Silver Medalist Elvis Stojko as their chief figure skating analyst and contributor, providing to fans an extra level of expertise. Yahoo! is branding themselves as 'the go-to source for Olympic insight, trends and analysis, and a hub for fan engagement.'

Finally, don't forget the Official Vancouver Olympics Website. There you can track every sport, see complete athlete bios, get real-time score info, and be informed on what's 'official.' They even have a glossary of terms if you are confused about what a scratch spin is or don't know what they mean by circular footwork. You can also read the Athlete's voice section.

I also have a list of Global Broadcasters (in the sidebar to the right) if you are looking for coverage in other nations including Australia, Korea, Canada, Japan, Russia, or Europe in general.

1 comment:

Queen of the Road said...

Great info, as always! With so much coverage, now, more than ever, my husband knows he's going to be an Olympic Widower.