Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fantasy Figure Skating

In an attempt to make myself be more vigilant about staying on top of my Fantasy Figure Skating account, I've decided to add it to my blogging repetoire. If I put my choices out there each week it will be areminder for me to do it. So here are my choices:

2010 NHK Trophy Event

Ladies:
A-Mao Asada, JPN / B-Kanako Murakami, JPN / C-Diane Szmiett, CAN

Men:
A-Jeremy Abbott, USA / B-Yuzuru Hanyu, JPN / C-Ross Miner, USA

Pairs:
A-Pang/Tong, CHN / B-Takahashi/Tran, JPN / C-Zhang/Wang, CHN

Ice Dancing:
A-Davis/White, USA / B-Weaver/Poje, CAN / C-Mysliveckova/Novak, CZE

Analysis: The women for me was pretty easy. Despite Mao Asada's troubles at the Japan Open, I have a hard time imagining her not winning. The person who I feel has the best chance of besting her is her teammate Murakami that's why I picked her as well. I picked Diane Szmiett because I like her style...one of those head vs. heart situations. The men was a complete toss-up between Jeremy and Daisuke but many have smartly pointed out he often isn't hot in the early season so I went with Abbott. Men's B was tough but I think the young Japanese up and comer will prevail here, but Ten, van der Perren, Amodio, and Sawyer could all surprise me I think...kind of crossed my fingers. I'm hoping Ross' natural performability makes my C choice a success. Pairs seemed pretty cut and dry...I'll be shocked if I don't get that one near dead on. The only wiggle I think is with my B choice, if Yankowskas and Coughlin are on they might sneak up. Dance was easy too except for B. I think it will be very close between the Canadians and the Russians.

Who did you pick?

No comments: