Saturday, December 04, 2010

Saturday Afternoon Chit-Chat

No, I've not fallen off the face of the earth!

I apologize for my lack of posting recently. Just to give you all an idea of why I have been quieter than normal recently I've decided to share with you all a little about my job.

I can't use my company's name (their rules) but I can tell you that I work for a large non-profit health organization that is currently doing a massive change over to a standardized electronic medical record (EMR)across its entire network. It's a change of "EPIC" proportions.

That's why I've been on a recent mini-globe trot, meeting with people in facilities that have similar systems, have used the system we are getting, and vendors who work with clients with the system.

At my location, I am one of several people charged with the successful implementation of this new EMR which we plan to activate in April. To do this...I am working a lot! This week alone I worked nearly 60 hours.

My blogging is taking a hit because of the long work hours but I am loyal and dedicated to all my followers so it's a priority of mine to keep blogging. Blogging is one of the few things that I can do in my spare time and it helps me unwind.

What I've decided to do is fewer smaller blog posts, competition run downs, this and thats, etc. The figure skating blogosphere as grown tremendously since I began blogging over 5 years ago and there are lots of capable blogs out there (see the ones I endorse in the side bar to the right!) to get you all the info you need. I am going to instead focus on bigger topics and issues. Fewer, more in-depth blog posts as my time permits.

I will still be on Twitter @skating102 for all my off-the-cuff comments. Facebook, Formspring, and YouTube aren't going anywhere either. I'm still planning on attending Nationals as well however I make go for the weekender package as opposed the the all-event pass...time will still have to tell on that.

I promise to keep blogging...it's my love!

Cheers,

Aaron

1 comment:

Georgene said...

Aaron--please don't give up blogging. Yours is one of the best.