Thursday, October 16, 2008

And so it is...

Ah, the rumors are in fact shown to be true...Stéphane Lambiel will retire from competitive figure skating.

Dubreuil and Lauzon, Buttle, Nam, now Lambiel...what's happening?

Graham Dunbar of the The Associated Press reports that continued struggles with an abductor injury and future concerns for his health lead to the decision.

"It's seven months that I've been going to see the best doctors," Lambiel said. "I still have the pain and it's really not possible to train like that. I didn't have the ability to reach my objectives. My goal was to be world champion and Olympic champion."

Apparently as fast as Johnny got a new training partner he's lost one.

Lambiel still plans to perform in shows and entertain audiences. "I still want to give my best possible performance," he said.

It's a sad day for figure skating. Here's a little something to remember...

No comments: